End-of-Year Student Device Information
As we wrap up the 2021-22 school year, we would like to provide some information about student devices.
- Students who are leaving the district must return their devices/chargers on the student’s last day or the last day of the school year.
- Students who are moving within district will keep their devices/chargers and bring them to their new building in the fall where they will be swapped out during the first days of school.
- Current 3rd graders will keep their iPads and bring them to school in the fall and they will be swapped out for a touchscreen Chromebook during the first days of school.
- Current 4th graders will keep their current Chromebook and use it for 5th grade.
- Current 5th graders will keep their current Chromebook and bring it to middle school in the fall and it will be swapped out for a touchscreen Chromebook during the first days of school.
- Current 8th graders will keep their current Chromebook and bring it to the high school in the fall and it will be swapped out for a touchscreen Chromebook during the first days of school.
- Incoming Kindergartners/New SD129 students will get their new devices during the first days of school.
Additionally, if your student’s device needs to be repaired, please encourage them to take their device to their school library (high school students should take their device to the Nexus), to be swapped out BEFORE the last day of school. Any devices needing repair over the summer will be repaired when students return to school in the fall.
- School District 129 has a limited supply of hot spots that filter internet content similar to the access provided at school. However, these devices may not be used for personal use. Please reach out to Mr. Englishharden at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-301-5107 to reserve one for the remainder of the 2021-22 school year!
- Low-cost home internet access is also available, based on family income, to those who qualify for free and reduced meals. This option could be used for both academic and personal use. Below is a link to Comcast’s program, please note that other providers may have similar assistance available.
TECH HELP DESK
This email address is monitored daily from between the hours of 8am and 4pm
If you are unable to send an email, please call 630-301-5038 and follow the prompts to leave a message and you will be called back.
*To clarify, this service provides tech support only and operators will not be equipped to answer other questions nor give homework assistance.